Our family camping trip was so much fun, despite the truck attempting to overheat itself. We broke in the new trailer with six people, two dogs, and a guinea pig...yes that's right, even Lil J went camping! From riding bikes to the rim, taking scenic (and silly) pictures, kayaking, playing in snow wearing swimsuits, and 5mi hikes with the dogs, I don't think it could have gotten much better. Not to mention the fact that those all took place away from our campsite. At the campsite we enjoyed singing by the fire, making s'mores, attempting to be Smarter Than a 5th Grader (most of the time we weren't even smarter than a 1st grader! haha...), yelling YAHTZEE!, and snuggling in warm blankies because up north the weather is actually cool. On Mother's day we enjoyed a large camp-style breakfast of dirty eggs, bacon, sausage, croissants, and jam. I know we're terrible at showing it, but I hope mom knows how much we truly care about her! ♥ On the way home we stopped in Payson to get the truck fixed, the part was going to take until late afternoon to arrive so mom rented a car and took us kids home to unpack and start the laundry (I'm pretty sure I've never done that much laundry before, ever), then she headed back to return the car and meet up with dad and the dogs waiting for the truck. [Camping Photo Album]
That night after unloading the trailer, and packing for our trip, Phil and Lisa met up with Quinn and I to grab some dinner. This would be the last time I'd see Lisa for awhile. She's off to work for Disneyland through their internship program. It was a great time with friends, luckily it was a "see you soon" rather than a "goodbye!"So at 4:30am on May 13th, mom drove Quinn and I to the airport. Our 5.5hr flight actually landed early, unfortunately for me it was a bit bumpy towards the end so I didn't feel all that great. Quinn's buddies Beau and Cameron picked us up (we stayed at Cam & Drew's House for part of the time). We didn't do much the first night, which ended up being a good thing since I got sick and spent half the night getting acquainted with Drew's toilet... but, 5:45am rolled around and we had to get up in order to avoid rush hour traffic on our way to Washington DC! Holly (a friend who graduated from ASU last year) was nice enough to set up a private tour of the White House for us at 9:50am, thanks again! What I saw there was amazing, all the monuments, the people, the history... I need to go back to see everything I didn't have time for. The 14th was my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary (I look up to them so much), so on the steps of the Capitol I made a short video for them and e-mailed it that night =] The rest of my time in Maryland was spent touring the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico VA, spending almost a whole day at Arlington Cemetery...the honor guard was amazing, and then in Hagerstown MD visiting Quinn's sister and brother-in-law. [Maryland/DC Photo Album #1] [Maryland/DC Photo Album #2]
Alright now for the news: For Esther, Lisa, Phil, and everyone else that said - "Taylor is the kind of person who will date a military guy." You're right. I am. Happy? Alright anyway... Quinn and I met over a year ago through my Cousin Stephen, they are both US Marines. We dated over the summer, then he was re-stationed to Maryland. For the 10mo we were apart we talked on the phone almost everyday, sent each other birthday & Christmas gifts, and got along pretty well. I never truly stopped liking him, silly things on the trip just made me like him more. Such as calling me beautiful and seeing in his eyes that he deeply meant it, and praying before meals together. So after spending almost 10 straight days together and not getting sick of each other, or arguing... we're going to give this whole long-distance thing a try... if you don't agree with it, I'm sorry, but please keep it to yourself. It's going to be hard enough without people telling me things I don't need/want to hear.
So now everyone is up-to-date on my life, I hope you're all doing well! =) Time to go back to real life for a few weeks... VIK here I come.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6
-Proverbs 3:5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment