- Don't plan anything too far in advanced.
- Just because it's written down, doesn't mean it will happen, it's bound to change.
- Something completely unrelated to a persons job can affect them.
- Training never ends.
-----------------------------------
Fact: I got a new camera.
Fact: I love it.
Fact: It ate up ALL the space on my computer...
Therefore: I need to buy ANOTHER external hard drive so I can have my pictures in at least two places. {because that's how I am, I can't imagine losing my pictures!}
-----------------------------------
People's affinity for rudeness will NEVER cease to amaze me. How do we even function as a whole when so many (ie: almost everyone) is continually focused on THEMSELVES.
Example #1
At a job last week I threw some used combs into a trash can. The janitor saw me and said:
Wow. Really lady? We'd been there all morning and I had requested a trash can to use first thing, AND she saw me walking to the can, watched me proceed, then reamed me as soon as I let them fall out of my hands. Yikes. I'm sorry I used the trash can you just emptied, I do appreciate you doing the job you do, I remember doing it for summer camp- I hated it.
Example #2
I cannot stand driving around here. In all honesty, it stresses me out. People have NO courtesy for other drivers. NONE WHAT SO EVER. When my parents were here they saw multiple cars drive down the emergency lane on the highway. People cut you off at the absolute last second. People don't understand how to merge- it's called the zipper effect- not drive as fast as I can to the absolute end of the merge lane or even further into the emergency lane because I'm a jerk and it's all about me, me, me!
Reality check- we're all trying to get somewhere on time. I don't know about them, but I'd like to make it there alive, in one piece, with my car escaping damage as well.
I used to like driving... *sigh*
Example #1
At a job last week I threw some used combs into a trash can. The janitor saw me and said:
"Ohhhh no you did not just throw those in there! Trash goes in the can around the corner, these cannot be used, they are for tomorrow only. I can't believe you just did that."
Wow. Really lady? We'd been there all morning and I had requested a trash can to use first thing, AND she saw me walking to the can, watched me proceed, then reamed me as soon as I let them fall out of my hands. Yikes. I'm sorry I used the trash can you just emptied, I do appreciate you doing the job you do, I remember doing it for summer camp- I hated it.
Example #2
I cannot stand driving around here. In all honesty, it stresses me out. People have NO courtesy for other drivers. NONE WHAT SO EVER. When my parents were here they saw multiple cars drive down the emergency lane on the highway. People cut you off at the absolute last second. People don't understand how to merge- it's called the zipper effect- not drive as fast as I can to the absolute end of the merge lane or even further into the emergency lane because I'm a jerk and it's all about me, me, me!
Reality check- we're all trying to get somewhere on time. I don't know about them, but I'd like to make it there alive, in one piece, with my car escaping damage as well.
I used to like driving... *sigh*
-----------------------------------
I wonder if I will ever find my "niche." It's going to be kind of hard moving around every 3-4yrs... but at the same time that excites me. We've only been married for a year, yet in that year I've traveled to so many places I didn't think I would ever see!
However, we had some friends over recently and jobs came up. One of the guys (a marine-straight out of high school) didn't understand why I wouldn't move home if/when Quinn gets deployed. I cannot simply STOP my life, quit every job I get, and move in with my parents EVERY time my husband leaves.
Yes, we would save money. Yes, I would be around family.
But come on... how on earth is that practical in any way? This is real life, I'll be moving enough as it is, and I do not want to live out of boxes. My "home" will be where we get stationed. Vacations to visit the parents will happen that's for sure, but I can't imagine moving home every 1.5-2yrs just because. Or that my parents would be thrilled with that notion. Not to mention how crazy my resume is already, I don't need to explain why I've quit X number of jobs over the years...
-----------------------------------
I took our friend's Christmas family photos. I think they turned out pretty well... they loved them, which is even better. However, it got me thinking that I should probably have pictures taken or pick out some favorites from the year and get started on a Christmas letter! How do the holiday's sneak up on us? I definitely want to send one out this year since last year we got married, moved here, traveled for Thanksgiving, then all of a sudden it was no longer 2009!
-----------------------------------
I am blessed.
I have a loving husband.
Caring (and doting) family.
Good friends.
Cute Pigs.
A place to call "my own."
Live in a free country.
But most of all, I get to enjoy God's blessings daily.
Whether it be the sunrise as I'm stressing in traffic, a smile from a stranger, a song I needed to hear, a prayer whispered for me, or just a good book to read- escaping technology.
I am blessed.
I have a loving husband.
Caring (and doting) family.
Good friends.
Cute Pigs.
A place to call "my own."
Live in a free country.
But most of all, I get to enjoy God's blessings daily.
Whether it be the sunrise as I'm stressing in traffic, a smile from a stranger, a song I needed to hear, a prayer whispered for me, or just a good book to read- escaping technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment