Perfect timing for the first recordable snowfall of the year. *sigh*
Did I mention I hate driving in snow?
My car even hates it... well I think my car hates Maryland in general (must take after it's owner a bit... I don't HATE the place per-say, but it's definitely on my list of "lived there, not doing it again though" and yes... I can have that kind of list!).
Anyway...
Yesterday I had grand plans of finishing Christmas shopping for Quinn. I got to Goodwill safely, no issues, picked up an antique looking frame for a photo session I'm doing for our newlywed friends. Headed to Target where the issues began- turning into the parking lot... I started slip-sliding away. Not so fun when it's a 2600lb vehicle that can crash into other vehicles causing major damage that you would have to pay for... give me my $5 sledding disc please!
Once I completed speed shopping there, I braved the semi-straight roads to the mall, if you are familiar with Maryland you know that no roads are actually straight, haha! So after having issues getting the car to turn (seems to be a trend, maybe I need some bricks to weigh down the tires?) I got there and parked safely. Sped shopped once again and was suppose to head on base for groceries, as I said, we just got back from AZ- aka: we had NO food. Well turning out of the mall barely happened, turning right onto the main road incured sliding accros an extra lane... so I said: "I'm done! Dear Lord please get me home safely without incident..." over and over. Driving in snow/ice sure is stressful!
The last one that made me SO happy I was a block away from home was kissing the opposing curb turning right into our neighborhood. Praise the Lord there wasn't another car waiting to turn left/right!
So there you have it...
this desert rat's terrible day of snow/ice driving...
I'm alive!
this desert rat's terrible day of snow/ice driving...
I'm alive!
PS: While I was "battling" with my car yesterday, Quinn had to run a CFT (physical test) outside in the snow!! He suffered from mild hypothermia... and I was up all night checking on him. Please pray that he heals correctly. Thank you.
1 comment:
Snow tires/ all weather are a must! Glad you made it home safely. And good to hear Quinn has recovered well and you both got some rest.
Love you Dad
Post a Comment