We still need to purchase a mattress and a potentially a bassinet (hoping to borrow - or we may purchase a pack n' play mini crib since it will be beneficial on trips), but other than that... I think we're done with baby's room in regards to furniture and decor (I already have picture frames and shelves that I'm planning on painting) along with some cute and simple wall art and storage baskets. We were also gifted a really cool tree lamp from our friends Jen & Ted when they moved. The last big purchases will be the car seat & stroller(s).
Saturday night Tropical Storm Wali rolled in around 11pm for us and lasted until roughly 6am. I took some video prior to going to sleep (so around midnight), but was woken up at 2:45am by extremely loud wind and rain pounding on our bedroom window accompanied by huge booms of thunder and lightning that lit up the entire room even with the blinds and curtains shut. This lasted until nearly 5:30am when I finally drifted back to sleep.
On our way to church we saw at least 3 downed trees, one thankfully fell the opposite way, if it had fallen towards the street a very nice Ford Explorer would have a tree on the hood. Thankfully for us round two of the storm went north of our island and we didn't get anything else other than a few sprinkles here and there and disgusting 99% humidity.
I hit 25wks on Sunday and went in for my glucose test on Monday in preparation for my upcoming trip. I thankfully got to drink the clear liquid (no extra food dyes!) however it still tasted gross... what I would liken to flat sprite, although I'm not entirely sure since I haven't really had soda in 16yrs. It made me feel a bit dizzy and once I got home I promptly passed out on the couch for an hour long nap! I thought I was safe since I didn't receive a phone call yesterday, unfortunately my midwife called this afternoon and my levels were 145 (highest allowed is 135) so now I have to take the 3hr test to find out if I have gestational diabetes. This one involves fasting for 12hrs prior and no eating until the test is completed, I'm going to be so shaky. *sigh* Right about now I am wishing I had just waited until after my trip, instead of being "proactive." Please pray I pass this one, I really don't want an extreme diet change, glucose test strips and potential insulin shots, I already feel stressed and unprepared for baby without adding any of that! Once again I feel like my body is failing me...
I had planned on taking my 3hr test in tomorrow morning (Thurs) since I work all morning on Fridays, the labs are all closed on the weekends and I fly out Monday. But I had a complete and utter meltdown this evening... I also realized the past 2-3 days I have been eating like crap due to not being prepared when I am out and about... which can severely skew the results, and the biggest one- I am stressed out. I'm worried about friends, worried about my upcoming trip, worried about baby, worried about not seeing Quinn for a significant amount of time, worried that we haven't done any of the pregnancy classes yet, worried about being a mom, on and on... I also can't sleep, just for my 1hr test I tossed and turned and pulled my typical "panic" scenarios. So, Quinn and I decided that I am going to talk to the midwives at my appointment tomorrow afternoon, and if they say I have to get the test done prior to my trip, then Monday morning it will be and I'll figure what to do from there.
Anyway... here are weeks 23-25! Belly is definitely getting more and more round the further we get. Oh and Littlest is SUPER active, loves moving around, my favorite thing lately is when Quinn lays his head on my tummy to talk to baby and he gets a swift kick in the face! I can't help but laugh every time!

1 comment:
Hi Taylor! I completely sympathize with your experience doing the 1 hour glucose test. My results came back with the exact same number that you have actually, and so I had to do the 3 hour test a few weeks ago. I was a mess about it all. I cried a lot, melted down a bit, and had the same reaction you've had about your body failing you. I was also completely panicking about not being able to handle 12 hours of fasting and 3 hours of testing with even more sugar (I'm with you - never drink soda and not a lot of sweets!) But I wanted to reassure you that the experience was okay. During the first hour after drinking the liquid, I felt a little queasy, but the subsequent hours were fine. Bring something to do that will keep your mind occupied for those hours like a good book or your laptop/tablet. I'm happy to say that all of my numbers came back perfectly normal (no gestational diabetes here), and I pray that will be the case for you as well! Sorry to write such a long message, but as a mama-to-be who was COMPLETELY freaked out a few weeks ago, I want to provide some reassurance to you!
Post a Comment