Monday, September 8

Birthday, Babies, & Long Overdue Bump-date...

I have been in such a funk with the past two weeks... Labor Day Weekend was a nightmare... with my diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes, my car being completely un-driveable, a friend's husband blindsiding her with divorce paperwork and moving out, another friend going through extreme GI and anxiety issues, my sister breaking her hand, one of the unit's female Marines miscarrying in her 2nd trimester, Lucy being re-admitted to the children's hospital, and one of the guys having a PTSD relapse... I feel like I've been broken, beaten, and torn down physically and emotionally. Quinn as well.


This past weekend we did celebrate Riley's 1st birthday (I got out on the water sitting on a SUP and got to see a Honu, which usually lifts my spirits) and Rachelle's new addition, but I'm still a little down, I have my diet and glucose monitor appointment this Thursday (finally! only 2wks after my initial diagnosis-ridiculous) and I really have no idea what to expect, other than a huge diet change and poking myself 4-6x daily. I STILL have NO diabetic symptoms, however they Gestational Diabetes "symptoms" make me laugh, because taking out the sugar crashes, shakiness, and sugar in the urine... these are the rest:
  • fatigue
  • urinating frequently
  • changes in vision
  • nausea
Um... those are all symptoms related to just being pregnant as well!

I hate admitting it... but I'm having a REALLY hard time praying and thanking God for anything lately. I feel like everything I have asked for hasn't happened, and each day I learn of some new "bad" news. Case in point, another friend recently contacted me to tell me she and her daughter had moved home with her parents because her husband requested a separation while he "figures out what God wants him to do." *sigh*

Anyway, Littlest is growing that's for sure. It hurts when s/he does a full body stretch, rolling makes my stomach look like I'm harboring an alien, and I think I have a permanent bruise near my belly button from constantly getting a knee there. Here are weeks 26-31 (wow, I really was behind!).

No comments: