Friday, August 29

Catagory 1 Hurricane

Ridiculous! I am still in shock that I experienced this last night. I was in Tempe for Esther's going away party. There were about 10 of us at Four Peaks, enjoying dinner when all of a sudden a downpour started, Devin and I went on the patio to watch the events. Lightning looked similar to strobe lights, there was hail, and then the power went out! I was very lucky driving home, the storm came back right in the first 10min of my drive, the freeway was flooded and trees had fallen everywhere. Our awning in the backyard proved that it's hurricane ties worked, unfortunately for ASU the "Devil Dome" did not share the good fortune, it was shredded and strewn about Tempe. This was one intense storm...check out these pics and articles from the news:

Hurricane-force winds, heavy rain hit Valley

Monster Storm Packs 100 MPH Winds

I woke up at 4:30am to take mom and dad to the airport. They are headed to Seattle, then meeting up with my grandparents for an Alaskan Cruise to celebrate their 25th Wedding Anniversary. Be praying for safe travels! Since I was up so early we saw wreckage from the storm, heard all the crazy stuff on talk radio, and then I had the opportunity to watch an AMAZING sunrise...one of those that looks just like a painting. God is good.

No comments: