Monday, August 11

Going, going back to Cali, Cali...

Later this morning Ashley and I begin our epic annual LLT road-trip (possibly the last one! ...have I mentioned I'm getting sick of all these "last" moments, events, trips, etc..?) Anyway, we'll be heading down to Tucson to spend the day with her boyfriend Tena for his birthday, then the next morning we are off to California!

So let's take a look at some of the last week's events:
Sunday and Saturday Phil and I finally got back to the PRG. After 2.5 months off it was a bit of a rough start, although we both agreed we hadn't lost our technic just our strength and stamina. We also agreed that he will always be a better strength climber, where as I am a better agility climber. We started on 5.9s and were back up to 5.10s in no time! =)

On Wednesday April set-up a Girl's Night Out on Mill Ave. We started at Gordon Biersch where Ashley and I split an amazing garlic roasted white chicken pizza. After dinner we headed over the the dueling piano bar known as the "Big Bang." It was so much fun to just hang out together! One guy came up to Ashley and I and asked if it were a bachelorette party... when we said no he continued on by asking "Are you having fun?" When I answered "yes" he told me I was a good liar... Boys. If you are going to pick up on girls, do not make one of your opening lines... "You're a good liar." haha...

I am now "officially" 21, almost a year later. I'm sure you're a bit confused by that statement. Let me explain, today I finally went down to the MVD and got my new license. It is no longer vertical, and I am no longer a 16yr old with braces in my picture. Hallelujah... although my eyes look like they do above in my and Ashely's "Asian" picture. I also applied for a job at Jamba Juice today... minimum wage, what the heck was I thinking? ;-p I put down Mon-Thurs 6am-12pm, so we'll see if I even get it. Gas & Spending $ would be nice though!

I better get some sleep before we head out in 7hrs!
California trip updates will posted when I return!

No comments: