Monday, April 12

Exploring the Neighborhood

Saturday Quinn headed to the gym to make up a workout he had missed earlier in the week. So, I did Julian Michaels Yoga Meltdown followed by an abs routine then decided to walk down the street that leads into our townhouse neighborhood.

At the end of my circle I ran into these trees, they are super pretty... I have absolutely no idea what they are though:

I like the neighborhood directly out of our townhouse complex because it sort of reminds me of home. You know minus the fact every yard has bright green grass, large trees, and endless blooming flowers. But these houses are single family homes with driveways and garages, just like the neighborhood I grew up in.

Anyway... once you come out of the neighborhood you find yourself at a stop light. After crossing the street you are in the middle of a family farm/orchard, during the fall they sold potatoes, pumpkins, squash, and more. Right now all of the fields in the back (look to be cherry trees??) are bright pink! I can't wait to see what they sell after the spring crops are ripe. Here are a few photos:

[looking down into the farmlands & orchards]

The pink (cherry?) trees.

The tractor driver that was probably wondering what the heck I was doing in the middle of the orchard.


In other news, Quinn and I are hoping to do ServeFest 2010 with our church on April 24th. Basically we will be teaming up with other area churches to serve the surrounding community in basic needs, ie: yard work, painting, clean-up, etc.

I kept forgetting to link the baby shower photos from March 21st. Amanda loved it! I think I did a pretty good job picking a theme and decorating/baking for it. What do you think?

Finally, I have been really challenged in loving others... there are just some people here I would rather not be around. More than that, I can't seem to get past their poisonous attitudes and words. But today, out of no where this verse came...
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." -Colossians 3:12-14
Until next time!
-Tay

No comments: