Wednesday, February 22

Moving Bedrooms & Babies?

The reason for this post will confuse you, I promise. Why? Well, it simply confuses me. This morning around 3:30am I was abruptly woken up by the little boys that I share my master bedroom wall with. They are 2 & 4, the 4yr old is autistic... to say this is a random occurrence would be a lie. First- the design of our house is stupid, our master bedroom should not be the only shared wall in the house, it should be on the outside of the house like the neighbors is. Second- it's military housing, built fast, built cheap. Our floors are linoleum, our support beams are steel, the walls are thin, to say things echo is putting it lightly. Third- even if one boy wasn't autistic... little boys argue, and at night if one wakes up crying it's bound to make the other.

So, 3:30am I wake to screaming, stomping (which my floor moves because of being connected) and then one of the boys kicking the wall. I don't know who started it or which one woke up first, all I know is that I was frustrated to the point of shooting a ridiculous e-mail off to Quinn who can't do anything about it (even if he were here), and ranting on facebook. I tossed and turned for about 45min listening to the on-going commotion, then I cried for like 5min at the absurdity of the situation (finally moving out of the dreadful apartment we lived in only to have the same stuff- screaming/stomping -occur), and the thought that when these neighbors move the new ones could have a baby! At 4:30am I'd had enough and grabbed a couple of my pillows and a blanket and trudged across the hall to the guest bedroom. The bedroom that should be the master. Once I turned on the little fan for some white noise I eventually slipped back into sleep.

I woke up slowly to a red tinted room... the master has tan curtains, the guest has maroon. It was quiet, I could hear the fan and faintly the bamboo chime on the patio downstairs. It was peaceful. Everything a bedroom should be. My wheels started turning. Would it be feasible to transfer the bedrooms? The master has a walk-in closet and a connected bathroom. I could put my clothes in the guest closet and Quinn could leave his in the walk-in still leaving space for guests clothes when they do come. The bathroom... well, we don't use the guest one as it is- and it's just a little walk into the hallway from the guestroom and it's 2x the size of our master bath. I started thinking- this could work!

So... skipping breakfast I begin walking it out, where the dressers would go, where the stuff on the walls would transfer too, etc. Then I walked into the "man-cave" the smallest room out of the three. I thought- this would be a nice nursery, the master bedroom is big enough to combine the "man cave" (aka-office) and guest room and this could become baby L's room... WHAT THE HECK! WHERE DID THAT THOUGHT COME FROM? Didn't this whole thing stem from kids waking me up in the middle of the night? Sheesh.

So after all of that:
-I moved nothing
-I freaked myself out thinking about having a baby

Productive morning, right?

2 comments:

April @ An Urban Acre said...

Ha! I know the feeling girl - every once in a while I freak myself out similarly. It always comes out of nowhere! =)

Dad said...

Deep breath, hold it, let it out slowly, all better! Maybe not but turn a negative into a positive. You woke up to the wind chimes, a red hue in the room and calming white noise, new stuff!

Love ya, Dad