Sunday, April 20

Easter Weekend

Instead of attending Good Friday service this year we were actually at a wedding ceremony for McKenzie & Casey, a couple we know through Adrien & Billy (Coast Guard friends). The ceremony was small but very cute! The reception was nautical themed and perfect, her dad's speech almost brought the ladies to tears... The one quote I took away from him was when he said "May today be the day you love each other the least." Most people think of their wedding day as the celebration of their love when in actuality it should be the launching point, each year your love should become deeper and stronger for each other. We loved that they put all of us together, and can I just say table #2 brought the party! It was a fun night spent with our friends.

Saturday we went to our church's Easter service, I loved the message... "Life on Purpose," to end the message they played this video:

Sunday morning a small group of us braved the darkness, wind, and rain to attend Sunrise service at Ft. Hase beach. The worship songs were the good traditional "Easter morning" type, the hula group was amazing as they are every year, and despite the weather it was still a wonderful way to start Easter morning!
At 1pm our friends started showing up at our house for food, basket swaps, outdoor games, and kid's movies! Everyone's dishes were delicious, the swap was fun to guess who picked who, and it was great spending time with our "Hawaii Ohana" since all of our families are an ocean away. Quinn & I also decided to tell everyone our news... They were all super excited for us!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I'm thinking pink is Quinns color, haha!

Dad