To say I was an emotional wreck this past weekend may be an understatement.
After the diagnosis I was given on Friday, we found out little Lucy (our friend's 2.5yr old with leukemia) had been rushed into emergency surgery to remove a fungus infection on the roof of her mouth. Saturday morning it had spread so she was prepped once again for surgery... she has also swelled up so much due to the chemotherapy and anti-fungal medications, she doesn't even look like the same little girl. Once her aunt posted a photo of her parents crying/praying next to her hospital bed, I lost it again and began crying uncontrollably. The same day all this occurred her test results came back with an agressive number in regards to her leukemia so she will be undergoing more rounds of treatment... as of today she has had a total of 5 surgeries in 72hrs!
Saturday morning we also took "Family Photos" with our Hawaii Ohana as a going away gift for Billy & Adrien, while it was great to get everyone together and dressed up, it made it that much more real that they ARE leaving. My "Island Bestie" will be gone. I can't just call her up and ask if she wants to go to the beach, head to the movies, come over for dinner... just sit and watch a stupid movie when I've had a bad day, and vice versus. It also didn't help that I managed to get dehydrated during the photos, so I felt like crap all afternoon and had to miss out on the pool party...
Luckily that night I felt 90% better so we headed to the State Fair to forget about the world for awhile and act like little kids... Oohing & ahhing during the shows, eating no-good-for-you fried oreos & cotton candy, and playing midway games for ridiculously cute stuffed animals. I'm almost glad I missed the phone call from my dad while we were watching the Sea Lion show, because if I had answered and found out mom had gone to ER I probably would have made Quinn take me home right then and there. After listening to the voice-mail on the car ride home... I was just done. Tomorrow she will be going to the doctor for some testing to find out what is causing her vertigo issue, praying for a simple fix like inner ear infection!
Sunday morning I had to miss church... I woke up for early service with a lot of abdominal pain and an itchy throat, so I reset my alarm and went straight back to sleep. My alarm to wake up for second service went off and I was tired, so tired emotionally and physically. I just curled up in bed and read. I got a text from Aubrey and Chris asking how I was later that day since they noticed I wasn't at church. They said they would be getting baptized during the all church beach bash and if I felt better they would love to have me there as part of their prayer and support group. So I ate and slept on & off until 3pm when I headed down there. It was good for me to get out of the house and be around my church family, not to mention the sea... it's so therapeutic. After the baptisms we all sat around, swam, ate, etc... once the sun started to set I wandered off on my own for a few minutes of alone time with God.
That night it looked like my belly had doubled in size from last week, so either I was really swollen or baby finally got some room too to move. This could definitely have been a cause for the easy dehydration, extra emotions, and fatigue over the weekend. I'll see what I look like tonight (since I am always smaller in the morning and tend to grow all day...).
"Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times."
(Romans 12:12 GNTD)



No comments:
Post a Comment