Littlest and I were completely blessed by our Arizona family and friends this past weekend! Mom and Alexis planned a wonderful and non-traditional "beach party for baby." We had delicious food, a beautiful cake, and played fun games (with a unique twist that the prizes came from vendors- Origami Owl, Doterra, Mary Kay, and Shoebug Cards- so everyone got to shop too!).
Roughly 30 women came out to bless me (us), I was expecting mainly gift cards, but the physical gifts I received were all unique and beautiful! Hand knitted blankets, crocheted newborn outfits, blessing books, and more!
**Funny story regarding the diaper penguin:
I wanted Quinn to be able to see it in person, not just photos so I managed to pack it in my carry-on. I get through security and the TSA agent says "ma'am I need to pull you aside for a bag recheck. He takes my bag to an inspection station telling me I have a "un-identified powdered substance inside." I was pretty confused thinking, uhhh... I have TUMs? But he pulled up the scan of my bag and I identified the source as the penguin! He gingerly pulls it out as I explain the baby shower gift and looks at me sadly saying "I'm sorry but I have to take it apart." The middle of the penguin=baby powder! He opens the bottle, places it on the test strip, and proceeds to clear me... definitely a story I won't forget! Thanks for the gift Ellen, we did manage to re-assemble him and he is sitting on baby's dresser at the moment.



No comments:
Post a Comment