The drive to work is 30min long, a lot can happen in 30min... everything negative you could think of went through my head:
"You're not beautiful, you're not even pretty..."
"Why are you so worried about finishing school, you're not going to get a good job anyway..."
"What's the point being with Quinn, it's not going to last..."
"You think you can be a leader? You better look at your life..."
"Why are you so worried about finishing school, you're not going to get a good job anyway..."
"What's the point being with Quinn, it's not going to last..."
"You think you can be a leader? You better look at your life..."
At this point I started freaking out, I didn't believe these things, yet they kept going through my head. I had to consciously say out loud: "Taylor this is not you!" I remembered reading about things like this in the book Wild at Heart, I started praying, asking God to give me the strength to reach out for the Truth. At this point the stereo volume had been turned down and as I turned it up my CD rotation was on Casting Crowns, the song playing was "The Voice of Truth."
"But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story,
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me,
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth."
"But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story,
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me,
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth."
Music has always seemed to reach out to me, and at that moment this was exactly what I needed to hear. When I arrived in the parking lot at work, I whispered a prayer thanking God for never leaving me alone, especially when the Evil One is attacking.
I will be taking this experience off to camp with me... I leave at 1am Wednesday morning and will return Sunday by 10pm. Please pray for the 6 adult leaders (myself included) the 28 Junior-Senior High Students that we are taking, the worship band, and the rest of the camp staff!
I will be taking this experience off to camp with me... I leave at 1am Wednesday morning and will return Sunday by 10pm. Please pray for the 6 adult leaders (myself included) the 28 Junior-Senior High Students that we are taking, the worship band, and the rest of the camp staff!
"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but
of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
No comments:
Post a Comment