Saturday, July 5

Havasu +and more!

So I'm running a bit behind these days, please forgive me! The family (+Barry) went to Lake Havasu June 22nd-27th. We had a blast, the weather was hot, but the water temperature was AMAZING. We skied, wake boarded, tubed, swam, dove, snorkeled, and enjoyed our time at "the dock." When it was too unbearable outside we hid in the dark coolness of the movie theatre and enjoyed "The Hulk" and "Get Smart," both of which I recommend! This may have been my last Havasu trip, makes me kind of sad.

[Havasu '08 Photo Album]

In other news...

My first week of teaching STOMP at work proved to be a success! The kids enjoyed all the lessons, rhythm games,
and art activities I planned =) That was a relief. We also had stuffed animal day this past week, where all the kids got to stuff their own animals. After an intense covert operation, I managed to get a panda skin, dinosaur skin, tiger skin, monkey skin, and a bag of fluff hidden in my room. I made the panda, he's SO cute! The other three were for some of my friendly co-workers. hehe.

Yesterday I decided it was time to grow up... I ripped apart my room, literally. I cleaned out my closet and ended up with a bag of clothes for goodwill. Then I cleaned out my drawers, got rid of all those silly toys, and things I had been saving for who knows what (Cousin Leigh, prepare for a box later on!). After this I moved on to my dresser/desk areas... I got rid of tons of knick knacks and things that just took up space. My room looks more open, maybe even a bit bigger.

Fourth of July was fun, I spent it with my LLT, whom I definitely need to hang out with more! We went over to the Mesa Country Club to enjoy their private fireworks show, I know I know "high class" ;-p. We hung out by the pool, had some good conversations, stole *ahem* found some golf balls to donate to Tena, and avoided getting drenched by the sprinklers. Before the fireworks started the wind picked up, it sprinkled on us, and dropped about 20 degrees, all the way down to 90* just in time for the 9pm start time. Gotta love AZ =) During the show they played one of my favorite songs, Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA." (one of those that can bring tears to my eyes).

I'll be packing again soon, this Wednesday at 1am I am off for Durango, CO to Ft. Lewis College! The 9th-13th should be an intense but amazing five days, I am a counselor for my churches youth group while attending Student Life Camp. Pray for me.

No comments: