Sorry I have been MIA lately, my internet really sucks... and I mean really. I'm surprised this is actually getting posted! [knock on wood].
The past two weeks have been quite eventful at work and away from it. Because I already write about work for class here, I'll just tell you about everything else... it's more fun anyway!
The guys I hang out with are really good guys, in order to get to know them in a relatively safe environment (which is/isn't, believe me... Quinn and I have had multiple... long... interesting... discussions...) I ate with them at the Galley, saw them at the gym, and went to Karaoke and Request Nights here on base. Last Saturday we headed to the Bodega Bay Dunes Beach, it was a blast! We (they) pitched a tent so we could escape from the wind every now and then, made the lunch of champions (pb&j with salsa and chips), and played like an hour and a half game of frisbee. Afterwords we enjoyed McDonald's, and despite being covered in sand and smelling like the beach, we headed to Snoopy's Home Ice Rink in Santa Rosa, CA. It felt so nice to skate again, I had no idea how much I missed it.
I joined the Bible study on base, we're going through "A Case for Christ." Really cool book written by a (prior) atheist journalist determined to disprove Jesus Christ. It's an awesome study, with great people, unfortunately they are all at least 10yrs older than me, so not much opportunity for hanging out there.
Today I was off work, because tomorrow I work from 0500-2200... whee! Anyway, I slept in until 8, then left for Sebastopol, CA around 9. I did the Art Walk on Florence Ave, which is really eclectic, modern, and cool. Then I walked down Main St. and got sucked into Miller's Candy Emporium and this really neat little store called Tannebam which featured old style wind up toys. I walked past Screamin' Mimi's cafe for any of you who read books- I've heard it is featured in many. I then had a nice little lunch at Burger King and headed to Salmon Creek State Beach in Bodega Bay, CA. I found a nice little spot and proceeded to pass out for like two hours, the sound of the waves put me to sleep NOT TO MENTION it was a nice sunny day! When I woke up I watched some guys skim boarding and read my Bible for an hour. I even wore shorts and a tank top *gasp* it was a whole 54* haha... much warmer than it has been. On my way back to the car I passed a little waterfall flowing onto the beach, I'm sure it's from all the rain we've been having but it was cool nonetheless. =)
Check out my adventures: "Some Internship Fun"
Until next time,
-Tay
No comments:
Post a Comment