At one point I happened to glance over at the two of them, and Sam lifted little Anthony up off the floor of the bleachers smiled, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. This picture of masculinity and innocence stuck in my mind. Sam has multiple tattoos, I have no doubt he would defend his family despite all odds, he's a "man's man."
I'm so thankful for truly loving and caring fathers such as Sam, it gives me hope that the world is still good. Still suitable to bring an innocent child into.
I thought a lot about my dad today...I also thought about Ashley's dad...
But most of all... I thought about our Heavenly Father- who is there no matter what. For those whose father's weren't this loving man, to those who must go on each day missing the dad that was but sadly is no longer here with us.
"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:18
No comments:
Post a Comment