Tuesday, March 17

Waiting.

Do you ever feel like the only thing you have left to do is wait?
Well... that's how I feel lately.
I feel like I'm in the middle of the biggest waiting game of my life.
[this far... obviously, I am only 22yrs old]
And I'm struggling with being patient,
and not worrying...

There are so many things in the future that are unknown, some days I feel as though my head is spinning... so let's start with the near future:

1) Graduation from ASU - this I can and will wait for. I am in no hurry to be a newly graduated holder of a bachelor's degree... with nowhere to go because of our amazing economy. Not to mention the fact that I've been pushing back "growing up" for, oh say 22.5yrs!

2) Getting a job - I have honestly been looking for possible jobs for the past 2mo now, and I find some prospective ones, only to learn I don't have the qualifications or special certificates for them. Ugh. Every job within the military (aka: what I am doing now and love) seems to promote from within... so how exactly do I become and insider in the first place?

3) Location, location, location - I am currently in California, I will be back in Arizona in two months. Quinn is in Maryland. This distance thing, really not cool after doing it for so long. I want to be near him. Problem #1- refer above, I need a job. Problem #2- the unknown time schedule for his deployment. If he deploys this fall/winter, I'd be devastated if I had just moved out there and got to spend one month with him. Then eight months alone, in a new city, on the complete opposite side of the country from everyone and everything I know.

4) Timing - Quinn and I know we want to get married. There are many obstacles/challenges to this... 1st: distance 2nd: the unknown deployment 3rd: financial matters 4th: location ...and on and on. Oh, and the fact we're not engaged. Back to me being impatient. Learn Taylor, learn.

But God says: WAIT!
Okay God... I'm waiting.

Whenever I think about "waiting," the Chris Tomlin song Everlasting God comes to mind. I tried to find a file I could embed for you to play from here. But, if you CLICK HERE a page with the song will open in a new window so you can listen to it. [complete with lyrics]

"Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,

And He shall strengthen your heart;

Wait, I say, on the LORD!
" - Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)


No comments: