Tuesday, July 14

Back in AZ once again...

I got home from Maryland at 8:35am yesterday. I miss Quinn already. My trip was fun, and we accomplished a fair amount of items we needed to go over together (anyone coming to the wedding will be glad to know we have decided on the food!). I also had a complete blast hanging out with Nathan's wife Erin. From laying in the sun on the beach, picnics in the park, pet store window shopping, finding deals at the mall, to baking a mountain of cake cookies, and cooking tortilla soup for dinner we had a great time. To her dismay, I am really hoping they don't get re-stationed, I would love to have her be my neighbor for the next two years.

Speaking of Erin, her husband is currently completing Level C SERE school in Maine. So not only is he gone for 2 weeks without being able to contact her... he is doing wilderness survival, will be kidnapped, tortured, is expected to escape, etc. For all details here's the wikipedia entry... PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM BOTH.

While in Maryland we went to Sandy Point Beach and we took a day-trip to DC and visited 3 of the Smithsonian Museums (mental note- DC Museums, not a good idea on a Saturday!). Quinn and I also completed our first pre-marital counseling session with Pastor Counterman, which was interesting, but beneficial. [pictures]

Since I've been home I've discussed the contract with the DJ and will mail the deposit this week, checked off the names of those who have RSVP'd, packed away some more stuff to move, completed a few pages in my pre-marital counseling workbook, and updated the Skinnie Piggie layout (which I think turned out super cute!).

I have 6wks until I'm back in Maryland, so anyone who would like to hang out, please let me know =)

No comments: