Haha, in all honesty the snow hasn't bugged me all that much. Quinn got a whole week off work, and although we didn't spend the time together alone (we helped out a couple of friends with snow/power issues and had them live with us for the week) it was fun. We managed to get to Chevy's to celebrate Aaron & Jeremy's birthdays on the 9th. The rest of the week was spent baking with Tamera and getting to know her better, crazy games of Life, Phase 10, Scrabble, and Apples to Apples. Observing the boys and their silly game (MW2), and deciding the girls would go shopping, not realizing what a war zone the parking lot at the mall would be like... Erin and I even broke Tamera out of her comfort zone(colors & a dress)!
The piggies have been getting bigger and gaining their own personalities. Twix is still the "fatty" and eats anything and everything, which much to the dismay of his brother includes his tiny fleece bed. Although Beans is no angel either, he willing helps Twix rip apart their hammock *sigh* ...they are also constantly trying to prove their dominance over each other, which is quite loud and smelly. I hope they grow out of this. I am happy to say that Beans will sit in my lap for more than 5min without getting restless! Last night he made it to 15min =)
Valentine's day was nice and relaxing for us. We slept in and went to second service at church, it was a great message about lovingly obeying God even in the small details of your life, (Deuteronomy 30:15-20) the final message in the "Real Life with a Covenant God" series we've been going through. After we enjoyed a yummy lunch at Panera Bread and headed (once again) to fight mall traffic. I wanted Quinn to be able to check out the Banana Republic Sale (in the end we purchased 7 items total for $60... most items were originally priced at $40+ each). We stopped at Wal*Mart to grab some guinea pig bedding/food and rented a redbox movie (Surrogates) then headed home. Together we made our Valentine's dinner- bacon wrapped beef filets, corn on the cob, garlic chedder mashed potatoes, and caeser salad, mmmMmmm good!
Oh that's right, I forgot to tell you what my amazing hubby got me:

So pretty, I saw it in the Swarovski store on the cruise... but wouldn't let him buy it for me then...
Life should be back to normal, they actually figured out how to utilize their snow plows and we can drive on the roads without feeling like we're off-roading on ice. I am still looking for a job, I had a few responses but when I went to set-up the interviews they never got back to me. Very disheartening... I'll keep trying though...
1 comment:
Glad you guys had a great Valentine's Day. Well done Quinn, nice gift! Love you guys ,Dad
Post a Comment