So... in retrospect having an entire week snowed in with Quinn (even though there were others in the house) made this past week super rough.
I woke up- alone.
I ate- alone.
I grocery shopped- alone.
I watched TV- alone.
I worked out- alone.
He left the house around 7am only to return around 6pm, exhausted. All the girls were busy this week, they're always busy.
*I need a job. Can't someone just pay me to scrapbook for them, decorate their house, blog for them, even design a blog for them, bake, plan parties, something...anything?
Needless to say, by Saturday I was excited to spend time with Quinn, only to find out- he had to work. Frustrating as that was for me, I had promised to meet some ladies and help plan a baby shower, we met, we ate doughnuts, then one by one they paired off and left me- alone.
Are you seeing the trend here?
So what did I do? Ran errands- alone. I was starting to get super fed up so once I got home I ate lunch and tried to calm down by making some flower hair clips (I have to buy a hot glue gun then I'll show pictures). I was doing better, until I found out some of the ladies had planned a girls night which I conveniently wasn't invited to! Ugh, that sent me over the edge.
I desperately wanted to go home. See Ashley(who I got an awesome package from, more about that at another time)...see my family, my puppies, my friends. I didn't think I'd ever fit in here, couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, etc. etc. Quinn came home to one emotional wife, that's for sure!
He calmed me down like he always does, we hung out for about an hour, picked up dinner and then I got a magical text: "Hey Taylor, we're having couples game night, want to come over?" *Hallelujah- I'm not invisible!* It was a fun night, the six of us (Amy, Will, Amanda, & Paul) played Phase 10 and talked until around 1am!
I had three tickets to the Victoria's Secret PINK Spring Preview Event (tonight) and mentioned it to them, and bam! Day #2 of hanging out with girls here. The event was fun, we got a free tote bag and 10% off our entire purchase. I really like both of them and Amanda is having a baby girl in April... so we're going to help prepare her home & nursery.
So that was my weekend. Way way low, to high... we'll see what this week brings.
3 comments:
Patience my child, sounds corny, but we know God has his hand in all we do. Quinn thanks for being the understanding and compassionate husband we knew you'd be.
Love Dad&Mom
Taylor, I am so glad you wrote this....not that I am happy to hear about hard times, but because your words definitely resonated with me. My husband and I just moved to California and it's been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm thankful for a patient husband, too :) Thanks for your honesty and I hope your days continue to be filled with fun times with friends and your husband!
Thanks for following my blog! I definitely understand the "highs, lows and lonely times" of this lifestyle! Hope more highs than lows come your way! PS-If you like making things, have you thought about starting an Etsy account?
Post a Comment