So, why do I feel so nervous about the decision?
The car has a stack of receipts an inch thick.
From what I can tell 2009 & 2010 were the midlife crisis for the car... everything that should be replaced seems to have been within those two years. Timing belt, turbo, A/C freon boost, tires, etc. It's just kind of overwhelming receiving this folder after you've exchanged the money and had the title notarized to your name. In no way am I saying that I'm not grateful they kept all of the records, but whew! The prior owner was a Navy Officer, he was very open and nice, his wife attended Bible college... one of the sweetest women I've met. You could tell she was sad about selling the car (just like I was with the Mazda...).
I'm just praying we didn't get ourselves into a disguised fixer-upper that we ultimately can't afford in the end. Also, I just went to fill it up... and found out the question I didn't ask. Evidently German engineered cars (the turbo) only use Super Premium Fuel... *sigh* that's 20cents/gal more than Regular Unleaded... live & learn right? At least I can buy gas on base, and premium here is the same a regular off base...
I needed a car, he's back in class/work and we still have to house hunt... it was a necessary purchase. We'll see how much fuel ends up costing us, if it's a lot we may purchase a different car/sell this one after he returns from deployment next year.
Life is crazy!
Keep us in your prayers!
Keep us in your prayers!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I created a monster! You guys make me proud, well informed, smart and patient shoppers. And oh yah you live on an island, I think if you keep the car for 3 to 4 years your not gonna put 25,000 miles on it and with all the major repairs that can be expected with that mileage, I think she has plenty of life left in her. Relax and enjoy the car on your island in Hawaii!
Crazy daughter
Love you, Dad
Post a Comment