Wednesday, April 20

Hawaii. Week #2

So we're still living in the lodge on base, we finally invested in a mini-George Foreman... Quinn has enjoyed Spam & rice, and tonight we enjoyed burgers complete with Mr. Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce & Montreal Steak Seasonings... from Costco! It's not complete cooking... but it's better than relying solely on the microwave.

We have officially looked at 11 houses/condos/townhomes... tomorrow & Friday we'll be looking at more. All of them have pros & cons, the hardest thing we are finding is A/C units & allowing a guinea pig. One of the most random ones was the house we looked at last night- they didn't want us to hang anything on the walls! Are you kidding, no photos, no shelves, no artwork. Lame.

We moved up the list for base housing, 184th now! Seems crazy, but I have to keep reminding myself that we were 432nd... so it is actually a huge improvement. We are praying this PCS season is massive and we can get on base within 2-5mo. I didn't care about living off-base in our last location, we had great neighbors and tons of military couples in the complex that we hung out with often. Here... I feel so out of place, Quinn is given preferential treatment wherever we go... I, well, I'm the little "haole." I don't get dirty looks or anything, but they are definitely more friendly towards Quinn.

We took a break from house & car hunting...
Enjoyed a couple of hours at North Beach on base.

As far as the car front... currently there are four cars we are looking at from the military lots:
  • 1998 Mercedes Kompressor
  • 2000 Toyota Celica
  • 2001 Nissan Xterra
  • 2007 Ford Focus
They are all between $4500-6000... they all have some "issue" most are high mileage, one has a salvaged title, only the Xterra is manual... we've invested in an unlimited car fact check with the VIN# for one month. Hoping to find something soon.

Well that's all the news from Hawaii lately...
This weekend should be fun, maybe a "day-trip" & visiting with family for Easter!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Oh poor haole girl. A little tan and some Hawaiian island accent and you"ll be good to go.

Love you guys, Dad