 |
| Pre-Deployment Photoshoot (Nov. 12th, 2011) |
I know it's Thanksgiving weekend but I am having a really hard time
being
truly thankful. It didn't actually hit me until after we got home from a fun and enjoyable
Thanksgiving dinner at our friend's house... the quiet of our house, just the two of us. It doesn't help that Quinn has
the beginnings of the flu and my stomach is so messed up that neither
of us feel like doing anything but laying/sleeping on the couch. I wanted
this weekend to have good memories, for us to smile, laugh, enjoy
ourselves. Unfortunately, I can't seem to shake the cloud of uneasiness
knowing that these memories will be the last few we get to make together
for a long,
long time.
I am so proud of my husband, the love and
devotion he has for his country/job, I just wish it didn't mean that he
had to go so far away and be in danger daily. My heart is aching and he
is still home, this week base has been so joyful. We've had 5 detachments
return home in time for Thanksgiving- the welcome home banners,
balloons, and photos are amazing. Two weeks ago it was a different story-
the men who took their place left amongst many tears, last kisses/hugs,
and the bewilderment of many young kiddos. It's a never ending cycle
and our turn is next. I am not ready,
is one ever? Saying goodbye to the
one you love and share your life with is not a "normal" part of life-
unless you live "this" life. However, I don't want this to be "my normal" it's
incredibly hard. I know that God will
never give me more than I can handle,
but I feel like this past year has stretched me to my
absolute limits and like a
rubber band that is held in an overstretched position for a long period of time - I am about to snap
apart. Everyday I do my best to focus on the positives but right now it's hard...
Tomorrow is a new day. Goodnight all, I hope your Thanksgiving was truly
blessed, it's time for me to cuddle up with my sickie hubby and be thankful for the time we can spend together,
no matter the circumstances.
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens."
~Psalm 68:19
1 comment:
God has truly blessed our family abundantly! We have the most awesome kids/young adults that make our pride overflow! Mom and I support the two of you and always will in all that you do. Praying for Gods hedge of protection for both of you and courage and strength to endure this challenge. God will provide!
Love, Dad
Post a Comment