The message was powerful- "darkness is cheap, light comes at a price." God came as the light of the world and passed that light onto us. We are to go out and light the world, to help bring it out of darkness. During the last song we lit candles and were told to keep them, placing them somewhere in our homes where we would see them daily as a reminder. We were also given a Christmas Devotional to do with our families on Christmas morning.
The 2nd service was at our church tonight (24th). There was a bell choir, the lighting of the advent candles, a huge Christmas medley, a children's story time, the reading of the Christmas story, and Christmas songs. Quinn didn't get to be here this year, but Adam (our soon to be Marine) was! We took the traditional family photos:
I also managed to pull together a surprise video for Quinn... in two days. Talk about last minute idea! I am ever so grateful for the friends & family that entertained my idea and helped me out. Despite the fact that it is afternoon on Christmas day for him, I don't think he's been able to see the video yet. I hope their internet works at some point so he can get his "gift." If you would like to watch it, click here.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
~Luke 2:11

No comments:
Post a Comment