Saturday, September 1

National Cathedral

Since we were in MD and DC was only a 35/45min drive, I made Quinn brave the insane DC drivers & traffic on Friday so I could see the one place I didn't get to when we lived there: The National Cathedral! Even with the earthquake damage from last year the place is still beautiful. That being said they are requiring suggesting a $10 donation per person as an entry fee.





I don't believe a church has to be beautiful for its people to prosper in their relationship with the Lord, I also didn't grow up Catholic, so we only had one stained glass window and one wooden cross in our sanctuary. However, I cannot deny the time and energy spent on creating such beauty. I once heard someone say that the paintings, mosaics, stained glass, wood & stone work were certain people's expressions of worship - I completely and totally believe this can be the case.

Since we were already in DC we decided to drive down the the mall for a little stroll before we needed to get out of the city prior to rush hour. I completely forgot that the new MLK Memorial/Museum was set up... I wish I had remembered since it opened after we left. Oh well, something to see if we head back there!
The night ended with me dropping Quinn of at Aaron's for a guy's dinner... but I had to grab a photo with him too!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Beautiful pictures as usual! I think the National Cathedral will have to be on my list for our next visit also.

Love ya, Dad