Thursday, May 1

Hearing & Seeing Baby

It's been quite a week for us and Littlest. A week ago we headed into my last doctor directed visit (more on that in a bit). I got to do the ever so fun pelvic exam, but I'm glad to report an "all clear." Then what we we had been waiting 12.5wks for... Hearing the heartbeat.
It was so surreal knowing that it was coming from a tiny being inside of me!

That Saturday we headed down to "Tomorrow Today Ultrasound" in Aiea. With the military hospital unless you are "high-risk" (praise God we aren't classified as that!) you do not receive an ultrasound until 20wks. Not going to lie, despite hearing the heartbeat I was still a bit shocked and had tears when the baby first showed up on the screen! Quinn's eyes were glued to the screen during the entire session, he didn't hear a word the ultrasound tech said, haha! This little one is quite a ninja, the tech had to chase it all around trying to get the specific shots, it kept spinning, flipping, stretching, and waving. If this is a hint at what's to come... I'm going to be one tired momma! At the time baby measured in at 3in long, I'm honestly not sure how something 3in long is inside of me! I was just relieved to see two legs, two arms, a face, the heart, the spine, and the little hands & feet! 


Today, I attended my first "Centering Pregnancy" session. There are 11 women in my group all with due dates within 4wks of each other. We have 2 designated Midwives and one designated RN as well as a Nurse's Aide. The first 45min are spent doing quick one-on-one's with us taking vitals, measuring, and hearing the heart beat. The last hour and 15min is a focused session lead by one of the midwives but directed by our questions, concerns, experiences. Since we met on May 1, which is Lei Day here in Hawaii, each one of us got to make a wrist lei! I think it's a great program that encourages personal growth, allowing you to ask questions relevant to your potential fears, and have an extra support system. The view from our conference room ain't too shabby either!


1 comment:

Dad said...

This is one excited Grandpa to the max! Praising God for answered prayers and praying for a healthy pregnancy and Gods hedge of protection to surround both of you.

Love you Dad