Have you ever taken a step back from life and experienced one of those "whoa!?" moments? I guess I should be more specific... I was doing my school project at Tempe Marketplace today, I sat down alone at one of the tables in the middle of the main walking area (between Dave & Buster's, Cadillac Ranch, and San Felipe's). I was working really hard on the checklist I had to complete and the observations I needed to write down when a woman caught my eye. I couldn't tell you why, what she was talking to her husband about, where they were going or what they were planning to do...she simply caught my attention. I flashed a smile and was about to get back to work, instead I just sat there and watched the people bustling around me.
It was as if for my little table time froze and the world kept moving around me...the people walked by paying little to no attention to this girl wearing camo shoes, tan pants, and a green tie-dyed shirt (yeah yeah...don't get me started on my lack of fashion sense, haha).
Once this feeling hit, I began to wonder how many people have entered my life and just walked out. How many have drifted away. How many have left a positive impact on me, or a negative. How many people remember me... and if they do, why? What did I do to impact their life? Was it positive, or negative...do they wonder where I am, why we don't talk anymore, do they miss me, hate me?
Or, just as it was today sitting at the table alone...

No comments:
Post a Comment