From Devin's house I went straight to XA, completely unaware of the spiritual/emotional mess I was about to get myself into. The girls were so open, straightforward, and completely vulnerable. Needless to say, I ended up in tears...realizing just what I had gone through in past relationships. I went home shaken that evening, and the next day wasn't any better. Only after spending some time with the Lord, and having some things revealed with my mom did I begin to feel better. I find it no coincidence that I've been reading Wild at Heart since Tuesday either... just yesterday I read this and it blew me away: "But to enter a journey of initiation with God requires a new set of questions: What are you trying to teach me here? What issues in my heart are you trying to raise through this? What is it you want me to see? What are you asking me to let go of? In truth, God has been trying to initiate you for a long time. What is in the way is how you've mishandled your wound and the life you've constructed as a result."
Thursday we had to say goodbye to Lightening, he was suffering from heart failure and muscle atrophy. I will choose to remember the awesome memories we had with him. He had a great 13yrs!Friday we had XA preview night, and besides my allergies acting up I think it turned out really well! I hope all the seniors that attended get plugged in to a ministry wherever they end up attending college. It has definitely shaped my life for the better and helped me to grow in my relationship with the Lord. The friendships I have made there are ones that will last a lifetime as well, no matter where we all end up.
Saturday from 12pm to Sunday at 7am was the Relay for Life. This was such an AMAZING experience... from the Survivor's Lap (I got to walk with my dad) to the Candle-lit Luminaria Walk, emotions ran deep. This year we honored my dad and uncle in the walk. The theory behind the walking, is that each team should keep at least one member on the track at all times because "cancer never sleeps," I had the opportunity to enjoy the night shifts... I walked from 11-12:30, 1-1:30, 3-4, 5-6. I couldn't pick one picture so here are some of my favorites(click on the picture to view larger):

No comments:
Post a Comment