Thursday, December 31

2009 Review


Wow, another year has gone by! Oddly enough I am excited that I've kept this blog... because it makes it easy to click on "2009" and read backwards through a year of my life. Anyway major points of interest in my life this year:

  1. I moved away from home to somewhere I knew absolutely no one. I had an amazing time, made new friends, and learned so much from my internship! Petaluma, CA and the Coast Guard Training Center will always have a little place in my heart.
  2. Traveled (a LOT!) ...From Mesa, AZ-Ventura, CA-Petaluma, CA [while there: Bodega Bay, Guernville, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Sebastopol, Rohnert Park, Coati, Lake Tahoe, Vallejo]. Then back from Petaluma, CA - Ventura, CA - Santa Monica, CA- Mesa, AZ. A two-day trip to the Grand Canyon. Multiple flights to Maryland, went to Gettysburg, PA over one stay, Washington, DC over another. The move... Mesa, AZ - Amarillo, TX - St. Louis, MO - Dayton, OH - Severn, MD! Then we've been to Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach, VA since we've been here. Hagerstown, MD as well. Honeymoon in San Diego, CA.
  3. New experiences: moving, sea kayaking, living in the barracks on a military base, planning a wedding, purchasing furniture, living in a two-story/one-bathroom house, decorated my own house for Christmas, experienced my first blizzard, saw ICE!
  4. Got engaged, then married!
  5. Graduated from ASU with: BS Recreation & Specialist Certificate in: Convention, Sales, & Meeting Planning
  6. Found out who my true friends are (the ones that stay in contact when you move away)
  7. Lost one little piggie, gained two more.
  8. Became closer with my family despite the distance.
Got has blessed me and my family (parents/sister) and our little family (Quinn, myself, and the piggies) is so many ways this past year! I can only pray that 2010 brings as many blessings, positive experiences, and growth as 2009 has.

No comments: