Thursday, May 6

Excitement & Wonder! ...or not.

Yesterday-
  • Sonny returned from Afghanistan to a lovely (and very pregnant) wife!
  • There were many arguments about celebrating Cinco de Mayo (thank you SB1070- FYI, it is not a Mexican National Holiday, it is limited to one state there, do some research people! Plus like St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Oktoberfest, etc etc it's so commercialized the industry simply uses the "holiday" as a way to make extra money)
  • People went to work. People got fired. People moved. Purchased houses, and on and on...
What did I do? Well...
  • I slept in
  • Took out the recycling
  • Ate breakfast
  • Changed the piggies playpen, got them out, fed them
  • Did some Yoga
  • Surfed the internet
  • Looked for jobs
  • Forgot to eat lunch
  • Picked Erin up for a quick trip to Pier 1 (used our gift card for citronella tiki's... otherwise we'll get eaten by mosquitoes in the back yard)
  • Ate a snack
  • Started picking out photos for the wedding scrapbook (it's funny looking at them because even though there are 860, I still think, well where is this? and this?)
  • Quinn sent me the flight info for Sonny's wife Sara... so I texted her all the info... should have gone to the airport, but she went 2.5hrs before his flight was set to arrive!
  • Ate leftovers from the night before for dinner
  • Watched the Stanley Cup Playoffs
  • Laid in bed (Quinn had 24hr duty) and thought about a lot...
Such as:
What on earth am I doing with my life? I know being here in Maryland is temporary, but there is a reason I am here - and for some reason I don't think doing dishes, laundry, household chores, and cooking dinner is it. Unless this is like my year of "wife training?" Don't get me wrong, I love being able to sleep in, have my own schedule, etc. I especially like my evenings & weekends being free because that is the time I get to spend with Quinn... But I always come to that point where I stop and think, "what am I contributing to my family, society, God's plan?" God, what is the plan? Right now is one of those times where I wish I could just sneak a peek, a tiny glance, or hear a small hint.

A year ago today I had mailed off my experience project for my amazing internship, started to pack up my room for the drive back to AZ, and was hosting the Harlem Ambassador's event at Tracen Petaluma. I was excited to go home to my family & friends, excited to see Quinn again, excited to graduate, excited for my future. If you had asked me a year ago what I wanted to do with my life... I could have listed off any number of professions that I would have enjoyed. Today? Well today I'd just like to get a M-F part time job. Sad? Yes. Practical. Unfortuntately. I want to have big dreams, I used to... What happened? I really don't want to live this life halfway...

No comments: