Sunday, July 18

Golf balls & Ephrem's Birthday Weekend

Okay, so Quinn bought the wrong size shin guards and I offered to exchange them for him while he was at work on Friday. *Side note: how unfair is it that he is going to be playing in a soccer league!* Before he left for work in the morning he asked me to pick up the golf balls that were on sale while I was there... no problem.

Walk into the store- PROBLEM! Everywhere I look the word "SALE!" is plastered on the golf ball packages. Sheesh. I never, and I mean NEVER call him at work... I figure my problems pale in comparison to anything being worked on by his company of Marines. However, I didn't want to have to drive back to the store for a 3rd time (it's at a mall not near our house) so I did. First Eric answered and put me on hold for like 5min, then Ryan picks up the phone and says "Quinn's really involved in the project he's working on, can I take a message?" Um, no, I'm staring at a wall of golf balls and have no idea which ones he wants... okay so that's not what I said but roughly along those lines. Then he yells to Quinn my problem and his answer: "He says just go with the cheapest ones."

That's all well and good, but I'm going out on a limb here to say sending a girl to buy golf balls is like sending a guy to buy feminine products! NO JOKE. I I say this because I know nothing about golf. Does he need long range, soft or medium or hard exterior, 2 or 3 or 4 or 5! interior layers, what density, etc. Talk about complicated. ;-p I didn't end up buying any, we swung by today since the restaurant we were taking Ephrem to was nearby.

I'm hoping he figures out which brand/model he likes best so the next time this need occurs I can just snag a box to take with me to the store, just like if I was ever THAAAAAAT desperate he could snag the box under the sink upstairs for me.


--------------------------------------

[Inner Harbor Near the Historic Ships][Refreshing dip in the pool]
[our backyard]

Now onto something a little more fun... Ephrem came to visit us for his birthday!!! Saturday I picked him up at the train station in the afternoon and we headed to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, we enjoyed the sights, touring the lighthouse and civil war museum, and devouring (me anyway- he was only halfway done when I threw my empty cup away!) a tasty cup of Rita's Italian Ice. We even ran into another Chi Alphaian (The other Tay) near the historic ships! That evening we went to another friend's birthday party and enjoyed swimming and a BBQ. On the way home we stopped in Safeway for his birthday dessert... we were SO lucky they had ONE Tiramasu cake left!! Today we took him to our church and then to Bob Evan's for lunch before having to drop him off at the train station to return to Pennsylvania.

It's been a good and yet again crazy-busy weekend!!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Amazing how many Chi Alpha people are living in close proximity to you! Hi Ephrem!

God Bless, Dad