Tuesday, August 24

1 month? Really... come on now.

So I'm jumping the gun, things could will probably change like 25 times... but it's almost 2am and I can't sleep and here's why...


Earlier today as I'm finishing up a batch of blueberry muffins for Amanda's bake sale to support her sister-in-law's "religious endeavors" (evidently in order to become a nun you cannot have any debt), Quinn walks storms in at 3pm, way too early for him to be home from work. He then proceeds to drop everything in his hands either at the front door or on the kitchen table, then opens the fridge, cracks open a beer, and starts drinking before he even acknowledges me standing right there in front of him putting muffins into ziplock baggies.

Me- I take it today was rough?
Him- Do you want the good news or bad news?
Me- Bad first.
Him- We might be moving soon.
Me- How soon?
Him- My orders say October...*
Me- Oh. (in my head I'm screaming!) The good news?
Him- We got the duty station we wanted...
Me- How on earth are we suppose to prepare for that in a month?**
Him- Yeah...about that...

*We weren't suppose to move until July 2011... this is coming way early, most likely a result of his re-enlistment. Not entirely sure.

**This move requires boats & planes... everything we own will be placed in one of those giant shipping containers you see on barges. TMO will only pay to ship one car- his. We need to sell mine. I have no idea what to do about the guinea pigs, they are allowed where we are getting stationed, but I can't seem to find an airline that will fly them there... it's breaking my heart.

-------------------------------------------

Did I mention I had a job interview on Monday?
Yeah, the call about me getting the job will be interesting...
[the interview went EXTREMELY well]

Alright, now that I've cleared my head, maybe I can get some rest. Like I said the Marine Corps will change their minds, it's happened before, it'll happen again. I need to get used to it... it's hard to swallow something like that though, haha...


2 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow, surprising news. I am so sad you are leaving. I have really enjoyed hanging out this summer and you have encouraged me a lot about being a military spouse. PLEASE let us/me know if you need help packing or ANYTHING. If you need to stay here for a week or two while Quinn gets a place, please do!!

With love,

Tay

Unknown said...

God has a wonderfully plan and he will work it out. Your sister and Father are already planning on extended stays so I might have to contribute to the rent!!!
We are always there or you both
Love ya
Mom