Thursday, August 19

That Girl

See this girl:[Canberra, Australia - 2007]

That girl...
  1. Was traveling the world (okay, not the world but New Zealand & Australia)
  2. She had just met an amazing guy (Quinn)
  3. Was about to start her junior year at ASU
  4. Was on fire for the Lord
  5. Had great hopes for the future

I miss that girl.
Don't get me wrong..
I love my husband.
I love the new friends I've made.
I love our little piggies.
Having our "own" home.
Our new church & young married's group.

But...
I miss having drive.
Having deadlines.
Something to work towards.
A passion for something. Anything.
Instead of just dabbling in everything.
Being on fire for God!

I feel...
Like I'm in that middle zone.
A transitioning period.
Which in essence- I am.
We are waiting...

Waiting on...
His re-enlistment to go through.
A deployment date/time frame.
Our next duty location.
A job for me.

I don't mind waiting, sometimes answers would be nice though.

To me, Maryland has become a staging zone, a place to re-focus, re-purpose, return to God, and allow myself to learn from my past (achievements/mistakes alike), and prepare for what is to come. Whatever and where ever that may be.

3yrs ago I saw my life completely differently.
God sure had different plans for me, right?!

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

~Isaiah 40:30-31

So here I am Lord. Waiting.
...and working on myself in the process.




I love this song. You may recognize it from the movie "Fireproof"...
Listen to it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: