The stadium is really nice, there are a lot of things to do for the kids (playground, batting cages, and pictures with the presidents-they race instead of the hot dogs like at the D'backs games). It's a "green" stadium, which is super cool, and very clean.
During the 6th inning some stupid protesters ran onto the field with a sign trying to protest the SB1070- seriously? It's a baseball game, get over it already people! I have pictures of it, but I have decided they don't deserve recognition for what they did. The news already covered it, I will not feed into their "15min of fame." I'm glad they got arrested and each fined $1,000. Then during the 7th inning stretch I was very disheartened... I felt like the only two people singing along with "God Bless America," were Quinn and I... no joke. The capitol of the United States of America and NO ONE SINGS ALONG TO A PATRIOTIC SONG. But...everyone has a grand 'ole time singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." So incredibly sad. =/
Overall it was a fun (rushed) afternoon. We even caught the tail-end of our friends open house for their daughter's baptism back on base! Here are some pictures of the day:
1 comment:
How cool! Sounds like an awesome day, less stupid distractions. Would have liked to have been there.
Love you guys, Dad
Post a Comment