Friday, June 17

Life Lesson?

As Quinn and I were driving back from "Family Day" for his Battalion I asked him:

"What do you think God wants us to learn from our current housing situation?"

We both have yet to figure it out... sometimes it'd be nice if God gave us some hints or a road map. Our upstairs neighbors are proving to be more challenging than we first thought. While Quinn was at work I witnessed (heard via our ceiling/windows) a not so encouraging family moment, a moment that made me lose any hint of respect I could muster towards them. The son was verbally (cursing) and physically (shoved/slapped) attacked and the father made some extremely rude comments inferring that he would come home in a box when he mentioned his desire to join the military. I was so angry that Quinn found me crying when he got home... he went to have a chat with them about the fact that we do live below them and we can hear everything. He specifically mentioned the fact that they wake us up at 4/4:30am every morning and that they need to keep "family matters" to themselves. He also brought up the fact that there are many military members that live on our floor and the comment heard was very disrespectful towards all of them and they didn't appreciate it one bit.

Well... they told us that it isn't them using the blender that early... that another neighbor uses it before they do (they said 5am), that they aren't the ones banging around, and that they would never disrespect the military. All of the above are false. We live directly below them, it really irritates me that they would infer that we are lying about what we can hear/see. None of our other neighbors come remotely close to their loudness and rudeness...

The "quiet" of them being called out only lasted until tonight... they were back to banging and stomping around by 9pm... it's going to be a very trying time living here. Prayers would be much appreciated. Also, please pray for their son.

2 comments:

Dad said...

The Bible, my instruction manual for life fulfills all my questions for living a Christ like life in this world that is temporary. Yes this world at times is confusing and causes me to be angry and its during these times that God reveals something to me that's relevant to the situation, Thank you God

Love ya, Dad

Taylor @ DearOlympia.com said...

Wow, that's rough. I would have been very upset if I would have heard that comment. Perhaps through prayer and by your example you might be able to lead them to Christ or put a chink in their armor. BTW I love your new blog layout and how you used the shabby templates!