Tuesday, October 25

Anniversary & GI Appt

Yesterday was our 2nd Anniversary... it still boggles my mind that we've been married for two years now! We said no gifts, but Quinn isn't very good about it... especially when he is feeling guilty about missing the day-he's on the range this week. I woke up to a beautiful card and when he got home late that evening a wrapped box with swarovski turtles (I honestly think he buys them when they go on sale and has a stockpile somewhere!). I "followed" the rules and made him his favorite cake:

Red velvet with whipped cream cheese icing and hand-dipped dark chocolate covered strawberries.
We are thinking that the marriage retreat we attended and the upcoming USMC Ball with be our celebratory things this year, no trip like last year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This afternoon I braved the Honolulu traffic to go to the GI Specialist. Technically I could have cancelled the appointment since the initial reason I was given the referral was when I was believed to have acid reflux-later figured out that I had acute gastritis due to stress... uh, yeah. However, I thought I'd be smart and keep the appointment since it took THREE months to get it... now I'm wondering if it was a good idea... it's totally stressing me out, why does EVERYTHING stress me out these days? =(

Anyway, I went in, explained the situation. I also mentioned that I get cramps/diarrhea 2-4x a month for no real reason and that I've been cutting dairy out of my diet. Then asked if it was possible that I was lactose intolerant. The GI said that 20% of women (1 out of 5) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the best way to treat it is to find out the cause... with this crazy 1mo diet...



Obviously it's not impossible but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why is fruit juice/canned fruit okay but not fresh fruit? No raw vegetables? No whole wheat? How on earth is this healthy?! Like I said, it's stressing me out... he also went on to say (which I was not impressed with at all-because I know this) that my anxiety medication is only a short-term solution, I should not stay on it very long and I need to learn to manage my stress. No kidding? It's addictive, yeah I've heard.

Then they poked me with a big needle... took two vials of blood (testing for Celiac's Disease & Irritable Bowel Disease), and sent me on my way. I even had to PAY to park at the clinic... it was not a good day. I hate that I have anxiety... and I hate that my stomach hates me every now and then =/

No comments: