Tuesday, March 20

Alexis' Visit: Lanikai Beach

Monday morning Lex and I headed out to Hanauma Bay, unfortunately we were turned away due to a full parking lot- very sad! So we drove back towards Lanikai Beach, stopping off at the blowhole look out first... we managed to get a self-portrait with the water shooting out! Talk about timing.


After we arrived at Lanikai we went snorkeling right away, it was a lot of fun! We also ran into some Marines who had just got back from Afghanistan, I found out they were part of the Lucky Red Lions Helicopter Squadron, sadly the ones that suffered the terrible loss via the helicopter crash ... Lex threw around the frisbee with them and I talked to one who had been divorced while deployed. I will never understand women like that, such a terrible thing to do to someone who is thousands of miles away with next to no say or communication... it makes my heart hurt how so many people throw marriage away like it's worth nothing just because they can't handle themselves alone. Like they can just go out and find another "soul-mate." Ugh...



BUT, Alexis and I had a great morning and afternoon despite the disappointment about Hanauma Bay. We headed home around 2:45 to get ready for our luau that evening!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I'd say Lanakai was the score no crowds! Sun and beautiful scenery, awesome!