Tuesday, March 13

Christians and Marriage

Sometimes this deployment sucks.
Sunday was one of those days.

It was cloudy & gloomy... still, it'd been 9 days since I had truly seen the sun. I hit the snooze button one too many times and finally rolled out of bed with 10min to get ready before I had to rush out of the house in an attempt to be on time for church. I walked in during the second worship song not feeling so hot. I saw a couple of ladies from retreat sitting- all with their husbands...

I sang, but I didn't feel like I was truly into it. I listened to the prayer, watched the announcements, wrote down my prayer requests, and gave my tithe. Then Pastor Carl got up to speak...

The topic - Christians and Marriages.
My first thought, "Quinn should be here."
My second thought, "I better take really good notes."

By the time we got through the sermon and started praying (for the people who walked to the front of the alter for specific relationship prayer) the tears had started... they continued through the ending worship song.

I just wanted to be able to talk to Quinn about the sermon, to talk to him about life in general.
I miss my best friend.

Hopefully when he gets the sermon CD in the mail like 3wks from now we can e-mail each other our notes and the parts that stuck out to us, as well as things we think we need to work on.

We're halfway through (maybe-the military changes things often)... lots of stuff to do before he gets back!

{FYI- my church has all the sermons available to stream online or to download for free onto your iPhone/iPad/iPod. The current series in 1 Corinthians has been really good. I listen to Pastor Carl, others may like his dad, Ralph's, style of preaching better}

No comments: