Wednesday, March 28

Warrior Dash! {March 24th}

The evening after Alexis left I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My body completely shut down on me, I got a fever, cough, stuffed up nose, the chills, etc. The only other obligation I had before the Warrior Dash was to take homecoming photos for a super nice (now friend) army wife on the other side of the island. That was Thursday, so I slept all Tuesday evening and all of Wednesday. I didn't sleep Wednesday night =/ but their pictures turned out wonderful... I slept all Thursday evening and Friday... lots of sleeping, absolutely NO exercising. Which is why come Friday night & Saturday morning I was a bit nervous about the 5k Warrior Dash!

We made our shirts the night before. Our inspiration was the M&Ms Super Bowl commercial...

We had a lot of pre-race fun... goofing off, having people laugh at our team shirts. =)

Then our 1:30pm race time rolled around and we were off to become WARRIORS!

Post race were were covered in mud, so we did what any normal person would do- jumped into the lake!

After getting as much mud off as the lake would allow we chowed down.

The "professional" shots.
Most of these pictures came from Jennifer, she was far more brave than I was taking her camera along for the race. I was mainly just focused on finishing... I jogged really slow the entire time while they walked then ran, walked then ran, and we all finished about the same!

My official stats were as follows:
  • Race time- 44:15.75
  • 14:39min mile
  • 3,425 out of 7,992
  • 498 out of 1,825 females ages 20-29
Not too bad for being sick and not training properly for the prior 2wks!











1 comment:

Dad said...

Awesome job daughter of mine! Mom and I are very proud of you.

Love you, Dad

Philippians 4:13