Monday, August 27

Louisville, KY

Sunday morning came very early, after staying up until nearly 3am with everyone from the BBQ, Quinn was super tired! So... that meant: I GOT TO DRIVE. Not only would I be driving from Ohio to Kentucky, it would be in the tiniest car I've ever driven (I believe it's smaller than the old golf cart from the fire station? Dad, you'll have to enlighten me on that one.) ...Cheryl's fiat! I only had one scary moment going downhill when the semi-truck kept getting bigger and bigger in the rear view mirror! Other than that, we made it safely there thanks to the handy GPS Bryan let us borrow. Quinn slept almost the entire 2hr 45min drive and I was very proud that I only had to stop once for the bathroom. Haha!

Once we arrived in Louisville we planned on hitting up the waterfront until Nina & Noah arrived... no such luck... police were everywhere, detour signs re-routing through one-way streets. Why? Well, you see this thing called the Iron Man was in town! Quinn ended up spying a White Castle (ew!) and grabbed a snack.


When they arrived we headed to the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory! We took the tour of the factory and got to watch actual MLB bats being made, it was very cool and really informational. Noah wasn't absolutely thrilled during the talking portions but he loved holding the bats and was delighted at the end when he got his own mini bat!




I was such a "paparrazi auntie" but we hardly ever get to see Nina & Noah so I had to take advantage of the moment!



Some of the architecture in Louisville was pretty neat, and one of the museums had their roof lined in bright red penguins!


We grabbed pizza for a late lunch/dinner... *ahem* LINNER... then headed across the street to one of the cutest ice cream shops I've been at to celebrate the boys' birthdays (Quinn's and then Noah's in a couple of weeks). Nina and I split a "Scooter Pie" aka mint chocolatey goodness! Noah picked a scoop of chocolate ice cream and Quinn had a cherry smoothie.



Hopefully he likes Hawaiian sea turtles as much as we do! 

Sadly it was time to say goodbye as we both had nearly 3hr drives back home and the sun was already beginning to dip into the late afternoon warmth. We grabbed a few more photos for good measure.

Noah took these three!

Then we actually had to say our goodbyes.
I sincerely hope 2yrs don't go by before we see them again...


1 comment:

Dad said...

Simply awesome photo's! Glad you guys got to spend time with Nina and Noah, man he's growing up quickly!