Tuesday, November 4

Are we honestly ready?

Halloween was fun. The XA turnout was amazing, I'd estimate 60-75 people total. We had team limbo, a pie eating contest, and a costume contest. For group winners it was "Alvin and the Chipmunks," Paul, Justin, and Dominic were awesome. For the single winner it was "Inspector Gagdet," Kurtis went all out with the arm coming out of his hat and trench coat! I was a window washer:
EAGLE
Window Washing
"We Soar Above The Rest!"

All night long I walked around drinking my "windex" (powerade) and offering it to other people, it was quite entertaining.

--------------------------------
Now for today:
I am not in shock that Obama won. I am sad, and scared for the future of our country though. I am hoping he surprises me, and can back up some of his pretty big "I will" statements. I am really worried about my dad retiring, the fact that my mom runs her own business, my boyfriend/cousin/friends in the military, and graduating from college in May with the possibilty that jobs will be cut everywhere leaving me no place to go. I know I made some friends angry today by some of my comments regarding the election, and probably some enemies, but such is life. I'm praying things go well...and trusting God has it under control.

Tomorrow I am off to Maryland, and after how the week's gone so far (school/work/election)... I need to get away. Plus it'll be great to be with Quinn again, man do I miss that boy!

With love,
-Tay

"In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" -Psalm 56:11

No comments: