Friday, June 19

alone

I realize I’m wedding planning… I realize I am going to be married in 4 months… I realize I’m going to live far away (again)… but I don’t feel it’s necessary for me to feel isolated.

Lately all I’ve been doing is hanging out with my family (not that I mind that, since it will become rare in the near future =/), doing crafty projects, tying up wedding plans, or shopping… alone.

If there is one thing in this world I do not like, it is being alone when I don’t have to be. If it’s by my choice of course, but lately it hasn’t been. I know people work, I know people have boyfriends, fiancés, husbands, family nights, etc… but you also hang out with friends. I feel left out. I feel like I’m losing my friends. I don’t like it.

I also am beginning to dread talking to people, because the first question out of their mouth is always: "How's the wedding planning going?" Not, "Hi Taylor, how are you doing today?" "What have you been up to lately," ...maybe I'm asking too much.

Sorry for my rant.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I totally understand that feeling Tay. When you're alone or with family, and you feel like the world is passing you by. If you ever want to hang out or even just have company while you're planning or really anything, I'm always free because I have neither job nor boyfriend. :)

Sarah Hazen said...

Oh man. I know this feeling. It has been the hardest thing for me to face since getting engaged and all the wedding planning ensued. It feels like all friends really want to know about is the wedding. But I think that your fiance's advice in the later blog about loving your friends and family anyways is amazing. I teared up being reminded of that.