Yesterday as I was driving to my friend's "welcome back" party... I witnessed something I had never seen before.
A father and son riding their bikes together. Not so climatic.
Here's the kicker. The son was blind!
They rode along together, the son pedaling his own bike, with one arm firmly grasped to his father's riding along side of him. The son couldn't see where he was going, but had faith that with his father's leading no harm would come his way. I want a faith like that.
I had an incredible urge to pull a u-turn and just follow them, but seeing as that would be insanely stalker-ish, not to mention just plain creepy my instinct told me "no." I wanted to so badly.
It was such a beautiful picture of true faith. The son (such as you and I) cannot see what lies ahead. The father rides alongside at all times looking forward knowing what's to come, needing us only to reach out to HIM for guidance. There is no guarantee that the road will always be smooth, that a car won't pull out too quickly in front of the son, that the unthinkable could happen. But a faith like that, is possible...

No comments:
Post a Comment