Saturday, June 20

He's a blessing

I am so blessed to have Quinn in my life, and even more blessed that I will become his wife in 4mo. Life with him definitely won't be easy, but it's moments like last night that assure me that we'll get through.This weekend he's a DI for the Young Marines boot camp. Evidently he had the night shift and was given an hour to catch a quick cat-nap. Instead- he calls me (around 1am, mind you, that is 4am his time...and he was back to work at 5am).

I quickly dissolved into tears, saying how much I missed him, and obviously he could tell something was wrong. I told him how I felt like all the people I cared about, and put effort into our friendships were drifting away. He reassured me that things were going to be okay and that people change, esp. in situations such as graduating from college, moving, or getting engaged. He said those who truly love you will be there and make time for you, and that other people are in our lives for a short time, but we can't forget that we did impact their lives in some way.

He then asked me what one of our commandments was... which sent chills through me because I immediately knew what he was talking about: "Love your neighbor as yourself" -Matthew 22:39. Just because we don't feel loved by others doesn't give us reason to give up completely or stop showing them our love...

No comments: