Quinn went into work today so after running errands and getting some last minute things done before I can sell my car
*insert tears* I treated myself to a fun little photo-shoot/walk/nap. I have been telling myself that I would go to the Thomas A. Dixon Jr. Aircraft Observation Area
(or more commonly referred to as "The BWI Trail") since I found it driving to work in November... well, you can see how long it took me! Procrastinating until 1.5wks before we leave Maryland!
I took over 60 photos of planes landing... typical... right? I get a little photo-happy. It's amazing how close to the ground they get, especially right before they land because they cross a major highway!

I find the stop sign extremely ironic...
This plane had perfect timing for me while snapping a photo of the sign!
I also found out that the BWI Trail is part of something much larger, the
East Coast Greenway. A path leading from the Florida Keys to the border between Maine & Canada! Imagine making that trip by bicycle.



I mentioned a nap above... after walking around the trail for a bit, I got really cold... but I didn't want to leave yet. So I went back to my car opened the sun roof so I could stand and take photos out of it, the sun finally came out, the sun warmed me up and I ended up napping to the sound of planes landing & taking off for about 30min! It's funny, the sound is almost comforting... I still remember Sept 12, 2001... when all planes were grounded. My parents house is in the flight path for the main & a municipal airport, I couldn't sleep that night.
2 comments:
GREAT pics! I also love the one with the stop sign =)
How cool! Awesome pics as usual and two of my favorites, airplanes and trails that can take you a great distance by bicycle. Sounds like one I need to convince mom that we need to ride, dreaming!
Love ya, Dad
Post a Comment