Wednesday, May 4

Waikiki SPAM Jam!

For those of you that don't know:
Quinn loves his Spam & Rice
(occasionally with eggs).

Now that you know... once we found out the 9th Annual Waikiki Spam Jam was taking place on Saturday the 30th, we had to see what all the fuss was about!

Let me just say, when cooked in different ways Spam is actually quite tasty. I ate Spam wontons & lettuce wraps, along with those Quinn also managed to consume mini-Spam sliders. There were plenty of restaurants participating all showing off their unique way of integrating Spam into their dishes.

The place to buy your "Spam Souvenirs," they had everything Spam related you can think of: hats, purses, shirts, key chains, stickers, footballs, and more!

We almost bought these, maybe later?

Spam-Can decor along one of the restaurant booths!

And the Spam-Man himself!
Well... one of them, there were even Spam-Gals!


To make me miss my crafting supplies even more there was an abundance of local artists as well.

I'm kicking myself for not buying one of these beautiful stars... or 2, or 3 (well they are $10/ea or 3/$25!). Maybe the next time I see them at a festival I'll actually have a home & a better idea of what color(s) I'd like.

This Tiki was as tall as me!!!
With awesome detail work.


And of course how can it be a "Jam" without some music?
There were two stages with local musicians & hula dancers!


To end the night we walked along the beach getting our feet wet as the sun set behind us, we even saw a small squid! We came across this jetty and ventured out on it... we asked a guy if he thought he could be steady with the camera, so he tried taking a night shot, it's a little blurry:
Waikiki & Diamond Head in the background.


It was a lovely Saturday afternoon & evening =)
Hope you enjoyed your tour of Spam Jam '11.


1 comment:

Dad said...

Oh for the spam of it, I love Spam Spam Spam! Spam and egg burrito now we're talking!

Dad