Monday, July 4

July 4th, Hawaii Style!

Yesterday we attended church service (had to dress patriotic!) then enjoyed brunch at IHOP. Quinn has a huge test coming up tomorrow so he invited a few of the guys over for an intense study session that evening. I rested and made cupcakes for a BBQ the following day, the boys seemed to enjoy a mid-study snack =)



Today we woke up and walked down the road to watch the local parade! It was cool to see the community pull together and make the "best small-town parade in the USA." We even got free hot dogs, chips, and waters! After checking out the local art show, we walked home, and headed on base to meet-up with our friends for a small BBQ, unfortunately I didn't bring my camera... so no pictures.


Awesome Studebaker
 

The Marine Corps ALOHA Detachment!

One cool "float!"



Friends supporting their deployed dad/husband in the parade!


After the BBQ we went home for a few hours so Quinn could study and I could grab a quick nap. At 7:30 we headed for the beach, it's 20min walk from our house and there was no way we could have found a parking spot! We found a small spot of open sand and claimed it as our own. The fireworks were shot off of a boat anchored in the bay. It was misting, but no one really seemed to mind, at the end of the show it really started raining so we joined the "mass exodus" of wet people and walked the mile-or-so home.





It was a great day! I can't believe I walked 3mi(+?), got to socialize, and enjoyed time in the sun/outdoors! I am sure it'll show tomorrow, my body is already tired (not so much my mind)...  I am doing my best not to be nervous about tomorrow's follow-up appointment, but it's not working so well. I'm still having symptoms (acid in my throat, dull chest ache, body aches at night) I really want to know what's going on with my body. Thanks in advanced for the continual prayers.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Nice pics of you two. Its good to see that patriotism is still alive and well in the majority!

Ashley said...

I love your dress! =) I miss you two! *hugs and love from AZ*