People tend to ask me how I know about things going on... well, I've always been pro trying new things and finding local events to attend. My current job working on the Kailua Ohana site helps out a lot here as well.
Anyway, this weekend full of events! I attended the Earth Day Expo on base, not only did I receive one of the giveaway bags (anything you could fit inside you could get for 20% off at the exchange), I also got free cookies, notepads, a flashlight, a water bottle, and some awesome coupons!
Besides trying to snatch one of the 20% off bags I went because Hawaii Five-0's Taylor Wiley (Kamekona) was going to be there. I only wanted a photo with him, unfortunately when I got to the front of the line I was told I had to purchase some of his swag to autograph- despite my protests of only wanting a photo his "people" wouldn't budge... so I snagged the cheapest thing (a "Shrimpin' Hawaii" back pack) and sat down next to him. He's a really laid back guy, he even gave me a high-five for having the same name!
That evening I hit up Eat Out Kailua... enjoyed feta mac & cheese, steak, shrimp, sweet tea, and fried oreos! (yes, not healthy what so ever... but deliciouso!).
Then Adrien & I semi-dressed up and headed to our hair salon since they were throwing a surf rider foundation benefit! There was beautiful art, a live band, a bar, snack station, and make-your-own smores' area! Surprisingly I was the only one toting a camera so I asked the owner if he'd like me to take some photos (getting my name out there!).
No comments:
Post a Comment