Let's do a run-down:
- Thoughts- I am doing better about my positive thinking and rebuking the devil when it comes to anxiety. I've had a handful of panic attacks since this post and all had to do directly with events that I had time/money invested in. I have also started my Bible study for women whose husbands are deployed!
- Wardrobe- This isn't an overnight thing, but I am picking up nice pieces here and there. Salvation Army, Forever 21, the online base traders. I still have my "go-to" outfits and my "bum" outfits but I am trying to mix and match things more and look a little more grown up.
- Make-Up/Skincare- I am doing much better about wearing make-up even though it doesn't always look like I am. Sad to say all the Mary Kay stuff is just sitting in my cabinet... I really need to start using it!
- Hair- I did it! There is a 9.5in ponytail sitting in a plastic bag waiting to be mailed to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program... and the crazy thing- Quinn said he liked the pictures I e-mailed him!
- Fitness- I completed the 5k Warrior Dash! Looking for another race that I think would be fun, I think I enjoyed this one because it wasn't just straight running for 3.2mi. I am also getting my muscle definition back and am at a healthy weight once again after losing all the weight due to the anxiety/panic attacks.
- Photography- I have taken photos at two homecoming ceremony's as well as pictures of little boys dressed up as Marines as a surprise for their deployed daddy. I am going to register a business name and use it to encompass photos, event planning, and marketing (to go with the job I have now).
- Culture- I haven't done as much as I wanted yet in this category. I did learn to outrigger canoe, attend two luau's, the chocolate festival, and the art festival.
- Travel- I am getting this in with all the visitors I've been having! (Thanks Mandy, Kat, Alex, Lex, Devin, and soon to be dad & mom!)
- De-clutter- I am having a yard sale this Saturday so my house is getting picked over! I have a yard sale pile and a donate pile. The only room I haven't done anything to is the "man cave" per Quinn's request. All of my photos are up and hanging, the "gallery wall" goes up the stairwell.
- Guinea pig- Moku is growing quickly! He has tripled in size since I got him, he's doing alright with potty training, he knows how to stand for his treats, we are still working on the nipping...
- Money- Even with the gas and grocery prices continuing to rise... I have been able to save money due to the nice weather and ocean breezes so I can leave the windows open during the day! I know it won't happen once the summer months roll around and definitely not when Quinn gets back since he's always hot, but every little bit I can save now is great. I also won $100 to the AAFES and have a 20% off coupon for the MCX for next week!
- Mosaics- I've kind of failed at this one. I have 6 projects started... just sitting on my work desk.
So... that's four months into the deployment... not too bad!
1 comment:
Your doing awesome! I think you've accomplished a lot in such a short time. Well done!
Love you, Dad
Post a Comment