Wednesday, December 26

Christmas Day



Since church finished at midnight, it was officially Christmas, we mingled a bit then headed home. After some deliberation... we opened presents at 1am! It was fun and it allowed us to sleep in on Christmas Day, wake up slow, savor our orange cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Despite the wind, clouds, and rain I was determined to go to the beach and build a "sandman!" luckily Quinn is a good sport and played along, I think the photo turned out great.



That evening we headed over to Brian & Brittany's for dinner... Eina, Brett, Stephen, Kaci, and their neighbor and her kids joined in. We had a great spread of food, good conversations, and a trading of recipes for our favorite items (Bourbon Slush included!).


The boys were having way too much fun with Stephen and Kaci's motorcycle helmets, if you can't hear what they are saying it's "knock me over!"


I would say we had an extremely blessed Christmas with friends... we even got to FaceTime with both sets of parents, Quinn's brother, but sadly not Alexis. I think being away from family over the holidays makes you create your own traditions and to make sure you get our of your comfort zone when it comes to who you are spending time with!

1 comment:

Dad said...

That food spread just made me hungry! Lol!